Dutch Tool Chest…Drawer…Glued up…

Smoothed my drawer bottom this evening and then set out to glue everything together. I’m really glad I took the time to ensure that all of the joinery fit well. Because I reached for a clamp to finish squeezing the final side home and my longest clamp was too short! I grabbed my mallet and a caul and set all of the joints with some force. Everything came out nice and square but I learned another good lesson.

20140213-223643.jpg I still need to run a smoothing plane over the outside of the drawer, mount the runners in the tool chest, finish the outside, and mount two drawer pulls. Plenty still left to do. I will be away from the shop Fri and Sat. The Mrs. and I are going on a little trip. Stay warm and be safe.
-Charlie

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s